Monday, September 1, 2014

Costume - Han Solo (ANH) - Part 1

Greetings all!

I'm trying something new here. I'm going to blog/note/post progress on a costume. Hopefully this will help me stay a bit more organized and show off the progress I'm making.So, I'm going to blog about Han Solo. I need to create a Han Solo costume to wear for a project a friend of mine is doing. I've broken this process down into five phases.

Phase I - Conception

First, I need to decide which version of the costume I need to build. I'll actually need three different costumes by the end of the project, but for now, I'm going to focus on the A New Hope Han costume.

Phase II - Research! Research! Research!

This step will involve gathering lots of information, pictures, screencaps, and anything else I can find on building this costume.

Phase III - Planning

Next, I need to figure out what pieces of the costume I'll need to build/acquire. How I'm going to do it. What tools, rescources, friends, monies, and blood I'll need.

1) Jacket/Vest
2) Shirt
3) Pants
4) Boots
5) Belt (To hold the pants up!)

That's it! I don't need his weapon for this project, so I won't be focusing on the blaster, holster, or gun belt. I'll add that later if I decide to use the costume for something else.

Phase IV - Construction

In this phase, I'll begin to actually build/collect pieces for the costume.

Phase V - Refinement

Because I don't think any costume is really "done," anything in this phase is pretty much ready to wear. This also means I may be improving, upgrading, or replacing bits.

 https://www.facebook.com/notes/creative-inspirations-cosplay/costume-han-solo-a-new-hope-part-1/558803534241949

No comments:

Post a Comment